DecSpace is a web application that makes use of MCDA methods to support the user (or decision maker) during the decision process by giving a possible solution to the given problem.
It aims to facilitate the use and creation of those methods, regardless of the user's background or experience with MCDA.
The current variety of MCDA methods allows the user to approach the most diverse problems. But even if none of the avaiable methods satisfies the user, it is possible to create new methods, so that different kinds of problems can be accessed.
DecSpace also aims to provide the following features:
- Platform Independence - it is available on most platforms regardless of the user's device (computer, smartphone or tablet) or operating system, since it is a web application.
- User Differentiation - users with different levels of experience with web applications and MCDA methods get to work in different manners, so that they can be as efficient as possible. This is accomplished by providing different views to the different users.
- Ease of Use - it is very easy to understand and use the various available modules, each representing a different method or input/output file.
- Data import and export - if the user already has the necessary data structured in an external file in CSV or JSON format, then it is possible to directly input that data into the project. It is also possible to export the current data of a certain project, so that it can be externally saved and imported to other projects.
- Method Catalog - present a collection of the descriptions of all available methods, so that new users don't have to blindly choose (or research in other sites) the most appropriate method to their new project.
- Result Charts - some methods' results can be shown with the help of plot and graphic design (e.g. bar, line, flow or tree charts).
- Result Comparison - problems of the same nature may have solutions structured in the same way, therefore these kind of results can be directly compared with each other for a better perspective on them.
- Result Sharing - the results of a certain project (or just a workflow) can be shared with other users.